Notifications
Clear all

Competition level  

RSS
ClaireHoward
(@clairehoward)

Hey y'all! 

I'm new here and curious as to what level everyone competes/rides at? ..and how long did it take you to get there? 

I'm from a showjumping background so this dressage stuff has been a steep learning curve for me. Currently attempting to ride at BD Novice level. 🤣 🤣 

Posted : 06/07/2020 8:26 pm
Phantom Glasses
(@phantom-glasses)
Trusted Member

I had my first (and only) show last year. I'm in Children 1 Dressage (not sure if India takes after Britain or what, but it's basically kids from ages 13 to 15) for now, but since I'm turning 16 this year I'll be graduated to Juniors, which has leg-yields and medium trot.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/07/2020 3:13 am
ClaireHoward
(@clairehoward)

@phantom-glasses

Leg-yields and medium trot sounds like our British Dressage Elementary Level.

Interesting that you have separate kids classes. I think kinds and adults all compete the in same over here - it just goes by level, not age. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2020 6:52 pm
P.B. Equestrian
(@p-b-equestrian)
Estimable Member

Competed at level 5 last season, hoping to step up to level 6/PSG soon! Eeek! I have produced my mare myself from a rising 6 year old who had been passed around and never seen a competition.

I've had her for over 5 years now, but we missed out on 18months as she damaged her SDFT and in that time produced a gorgeous filly. So really have only been going for 3 years, so tbh pretty stoked we've gotten this far so quickly!

Generally speaking people normally go up a level each year, and from level 6-7 onwards goes up a bit quicker as starts to be more similar.

In the first season with my mare I did a handful of local days at level 1, then next season did the circuit at level 2/novice, then was ready for level 3/elementary but she did her injury *facepalm*, then when she came back into work ummed and arred whether to do 3 or 4, but seeing as she had time away and only had one previous season of experience under her belt, chose to do elementary. By the end of that season I was schooling level 5, and her changes were pretty reasonably so skipped medium and went into advanced medium the following season 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/07/2020 8:55 am
ClaireHoward
(@clairehoward)

@p-b-equestrian

Wow! Sounds like she is coming on leaps and bounds! 

PSG is a major milestone and I hope you get there soon! Best of luck 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/08/2020 11:17 am
P.B. Equestrian
(@p-b-equestrian)
Estimable Member

@clairehoward thank you 😀 our 3 and 4 time tempis are very almost there, just need to get the canter pirouettes a bit stronger and tighter, currently looking good but at about 5m size so still a bit to go 😊 trot work is pretty ace, and passage and piaffe getting there too, so mostly just getting more uphill and getting the canter stuff there 😁

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/08/2020 12:36 am
Share: