Notifications
Clear all

How do you stay hydrated  

RSS
Vanessa
(@vanessa)
Estimable Member

Keeping hydrated.

As you might be aware I am training a pilates instructor and am trying to up my health and fitness, so I am making sure I drink 2 litres of water a day.

It has so many benefits. 

1) Healthy Skin, it helps improve your complexion and prevent wrinkles. 

2) Weight loss, if you drink a glass of water before a meal it helps you feel full, so you eat less.

3) When you exercise if you are dehydrated it leads to fatigue, reduce your motivation and alter your body temperature all of which means you don't perform at your best.

4) Concentration, even mild dehydration can cause lack of concentration, energy, mood swings and give you more headaches. 

5) Healthy Heart, dehydration can cause your blood to thicken, so your heart will have to work harder and can increase your risk of heart attack. 

6) Kidney's, the more you drink, the more you see, flushing out toxins and diluting minerals before they can solidify and turn into kidney stones, it also helps prevent urinary tract infections. 

As you can see it has so many important points that can help you to be a better rider ( I might even remember my dressage test. lol)

It is no good having a fit horse if you are riding tired, with a banging headache.

I now have a water bottle that holds a litre and I make sure I drink at least 2 a day, I have also found I even sleep better.

Posted : 25/08/2020 4:24 pm
ClaireHoward
(@clairehoward)
Seasoned Member

Great tip! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2020 6:29 pm
SassyMare
(@sassymare)
Reputable Member

I agree with all of your advice, but every time I try to drink more water, I always end up peeing almost every hour! (sorry if that's too much information 🤣 )

I'm just here for the free book! (...and I won one!)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/09/2020 3:41 pm
Vanessa
(@vanessa)
Estimable Member

@sassymare keep it up, and yes you will pee more at first, flushing your kidneys out, but stick with it and your body adjusts

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/09/2020 3:12 pm
SassyMare liked
Share: