Notifications
Clear all

No motivation  

RSS
Vanessa
(@vanessa)
Estimable Member

Is it just me or is anybody else now having problems getting motivated  in this current situation. 

At first lockdown didn't really effect me, my horses are just across the road so I was back and forth as much as possible. 

I walked my dog  every day and started doing my fitness classes on line.

My horses were fit until Star got badly injured thanks to some trespassing walkers,  then they both had to go on box rest,  Star would not settle on her own.

Since then , they are both back in work, my wagon has been plaited and I should feel like doing things.

For the first time ever, in over 55 years I have no motivation, I feel like I am walking through treacle, everything seems like hard work this year.

How are you all staying motivated 

Posted : 26/07/2020 7:58 pm
JoMac liked
SassyMare
(@sassymare)
Reputable Member

This has been one crazy year!! ..and I don't think the weather is helping either! 

Tbh I've wrote this year off now 🤣  I don't like rushing and I feel as though I've lost all of my 'prep time'. So, I'm just taking it easy. I've taken the pressure of and concentrating on getting ready for next year. 

Maybe it's the feeling that you 'have' to do something or that you 'have' to get back out there that sucking all the fun out of it for you? 

I'm just here for the free book! (...and I won one!)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2020 6:49 pm
JoMac liked
Vanessa
(@vanessa)
Estimable Member

@sassymare I am now looking at organising some mindfulness and Reiki courses for horse riders,  I have friends that do both, so going to organise them. I am the sort of person that has to be doing something all the time.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/07/2020 1:53 pm
ClaireHoward
(@clairehoward)

@vanessa

I always get more motivation when I give myself a good project or focus to work on. 👍 

Sounds like thats what youre doing with your courses. Best of luck with them 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/08/2020 11:22 am
Vanessa
(@vanessa)
Estimable Member

@clairehoward I have now started a course to become a pilates instructor,  been doing pilates for over 25 years,  but I really want to get my horses out to something. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/08/2020 2:01 pm
JoMac
(@jomac)
Estimable Member

I'm also struggling with motivation recently! I was fine at the start of lockdown and got loads ticked off my never ending to-do list, but the lack of structure to my days is starting to affect me now. I work freelance so work has been really sporadic due to the pandemic and I'm finding it hard to keep any kind of routine, which is having a knock on effect on my motivation levels. Trying to keep myself busy with lots of little things and make the most of the extra time I have at the moment, but I 100% get the feeling you've described of walking through treacle!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2020 1:06 pm
P.B. Equestrian
(@p-b-equestrian)
Estimable Member

I feel ya! Whenever I feel a lack of motivation I go to youtube, watch some dressage or whatever your goal is, and do some self-help type work like goal setting, reflection and meditation to try and get the right headspace again for a freshen up. Helps me 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/08/2020 10:24 pm
Vanessa liked
Share: