Notifications
Clear all

Signs to discourage people from feeding horses  

RSS
Vanessa
(@vanessa)
Trusted Member

Does anyone know where I can buy good signs to put on my fence to stop people from feeding my horses.

Some numpty fed my horses - trespassing walkers,  and one of them managed to get caught in the fence- she paws out for more, severed an artery and is now on box rest in a plaster cast. 

Have made some but, I don't have a laminator. 

Posted : 03/06/2020 1:18 pm
P.B. Equestrian
(@p-b-equestrian)
Estimable Member

This probably isn't helpful, as I don't know/haven't seen any signs, but perhaps a friend has a laminator you could borrow? Or until then perhaps, if possible, put up a temporary fence/tape to keep the horses away from the boundary so at least the horses won't get injured 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/06/2020 10:45 pm
Phantom Glasses
(@phantom-glasses)
Trusted Member

"Beware of Dog Horse. Their front teeth are one inch long and sharp as scissors."

A picture of a horse bite may help.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/06/2020 4:12 am
How To Dressage
(@how-to-dressage)
Forum Moderator Moderator

@Vanessa 

I am so sorry to hear that this has happened to your horse! 😥 Fingers crossed she gets well soon. 

With regards to signs, there are quite a few on Amazon that you can get for a couple of quid. Some even highlighting the fact that it's private land. I'm not sure of the quality of them since I've not bought them personally, but some have good reviews and they're inexpensive. Here's a few of them - https://amzn.to/3f1QdVh

Website Administrator & Lover of Cadbury Creme Eggs! | How To Dressage

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/06/2020 6:09 pm
Vanessa liked
Vanessa
(@vanessa)
Trusted Member

@p-b-equestrian unfortunately they had trespassed over neighbouring land

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/06/2020 10:08 pm
P.B. Equestrian
(@p-b-equestrian)
Estimable Member

@vanessa oh gosh, what's wrong with people?!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/06/2020 11:36 pm
Vanessa
(@vanessa)
Trusted Member

@p-b-equestrian its this blasted lockdown, people think their daily exercise includes trespassing

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/06/2020 11:49 pm
P.B. Equestrian
(@p-b-equestrian)
Estimable Member

I take it you're in the UK? People just think everything is a public path don't they 😤 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/06/2020 11:51 pm
Vanessa
(@vanessa)
Trusted Member

@how-to-dressage thanks i have ordered some

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/06/2020 11:51 pm
Vanessa
(@vanessa)
Trusted Member

@p-b-equestrian yep they do. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/06/2020 11:52 pm
JoMac
(@jomac)
Estimable Member

@vanessa what is wrong with people?! A lady who keeps her horses near me keeps catching people taking a shortcut through her field rather than taking the extra 10mins to walk on the track around the side, she's also found damaged fences from them climbing over and once they'd even cut the top two wires!! And the number of farmers near me who have lost lambs to uncontrolled dogs is shocking. Some people have no respect for other people's property.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/06/2020 11:05 am
Share: