Rider motivation?

Rider motivation?  

RSS

How To Dressage
(@how-to-dressage)
Owner & Moderator Moderator
30/03/2018 11:20 pm  

Hey all, 

We're thinking about a new blog post about rider motivation and it's raised a few questions. 

• Do you every struggle for motivation to ride?
  • What is your motivation for riding? (to compete? for exercise? to just enjoy? are you a professional rider?)
  • How many times do you ride per week?
  • How long do you usually ride for?

Any help with our questions would be much appreciated!

Thanks x 

Website Administrator & Lover of Cadbury Creme Eggs! | How To Dressage

SassyMare
(@sassymare)
31/03/2018 4:41 am  

Yes!! I often struggle to have motivation for riding. Especially in winter or when it's cold and raining. 

My motivation for riding is my horse. I know that she needs exercising and need some time out of her stable and I'm not lucky enough to have all year round turnout. 

Loving the blog by the way! 

ReplyQuote
How To Dressage
(@how-to-dressage)
Owner & Moderator Moderator
31/03/2018 4:51 am  

Thanks so much @Sassymare !!

And thanks for joining the community and for the comment 🙂 it's very helpful x 

Website Administrator & Lover of Cadbury Creme Eggs! | How To Dressage

ReplyQuote
EquiPepper
(@equipepper)
05/04/2018 9:54 am  

When I haven't got anything to aim for I can really struggle with motivation. When I have a competition or something coming up I am more motivated.

Scottie doesn't really need exercise, he needs schooling. So if I'm not motivated to work on improving something, riding can often be a bit of a waste of time. I aim to work Scottie at least 3 times a week. Usually riding both days over the weekend and then either riding or lunging in his pessoa once or twice during the week.

When schooling I usually ride for 30-45 mins. But this really depends on how well the session has gone and if I am trying to correct something or not.

Ex Racehorse Blogger with a ginger partner in crime.

ReplyQuote
Share: