Thinking of blogging...  

RSS

SassyMare
(@sassymare)
31/03/2018 4:46 am  

Not sure if I'm allowed to post in this bit because I'm no a blogger but I'm thinking of starting a blog about me and my moody mare. But I have no idea where to start or what's involved. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction about what I need to know to get going? Is it easy to do? 

Thanks 

ReplyQuote
How To Dressage
(@how-to-dressage)
Owner & Moderator Moderator
31/03/2018 4:59 am  

Well, first I suppose it depends on what you want to blog for. 

If you just want to blog for yourself (kinda like keeping a diary) then that's very different to blogging for raising your profile, to get sponsorship or to create an income from it. 

Either way, I would recommend that you use WordPress - it's a very easy platform once you get your head around it and the possibilities are endless. (We use WordPress for this blog). 

If you want to blog to raise your profile etc, then you're going to have to pay attention to SEO, social media, what you write about, how you write it and how often you write etc. 

Check out our founder's website (roseannasunley.com) she has a lot of content about blogging and digital marketing. 

This one will be a good one to get going with: 

HOW TO START A SELF-HOSTED WORDPRESS WEBSITE – STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE FOR BEGINNERS (WITH VIDEOS)

https://roseannasunley.com/working-online/start-self-hosted-wordpress-website-step-step-guide-beginners-videos/

If you just want to blog for yourself then you have a lot more free-rein (punn intended) 

Anyway, hope that gives you a bit of an idea. 

Website Administrator & Lover of Cadbury Creme Eggs! | How To Dressage

ReplyQuote
EquiPepper
(@equipepper)
04/04/2018 1:45 pm  

GO FOR IT!

I think if you enjoy writing you should give it a go. It can be an online diary of your progress and can be a great way to look back on how far you have come!

As How To Dressage has said, if you want to blog for more than just fun, it does become a bit more complicated. But You can always start for fun (like I did) and then move into more businessy afterwards. 🙂

I also wrote about this recently after seeing lots of people asking "Should I start a blog?" on social media!

Ex Racehorse Blogger with a ginger partner in crime.

ReplyQuote
Share: