Affording new equip...

Notifications
Clear all

Affording new equipment  

RSS
Vanessa
(@vanessa)
Estimable Member

A question for everyone how do you all find all your equipment,  I use to run a second hand tack agency, but recently have found that people are now buying new gear more often.

Posted : 25/08/2020 3:44 pm
ClaireHoward
(@clairehoward)
Seasoned Member

Before buying anything new I always check eBay and Facebook Marketplace first. If I can get it decent second hand, then I'll do that. But if not, I buy new. 

I think most selling is now done online. Years also equine car boots were all the range, but I think that's getting less now. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2020 6:25 pm
SassyMare and JoMac liked
JoMac
(@jomac)
Estimable Member

I always look for second-hand first, I can't afford to buy everything new! We have a local facebook group where people post their horse stuff for sale so I keep an eye on that and have got some good bargains from it. If I can't find what I'm looking for there or on ebay I will buy new, but always try to look for sales and special offers and compare prices from a few different shops.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/08/2020 9:02 am
SassyMare liked
SassyMare
(@sassymare)
Reputable Member

I've had some good deals from Facebook Marketplace. 

If I have to buy new, then I'll put the product name into Google and look at the 'shopping' tab - this way, I can compare the prices from loads and different websites and find the cheapest option. 

I'm just here for the free book! (...and I won one!)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/09/2020 3:45 pm
JoMac liked
Vanessa
(@vanessa)
Estimable Member

@sassymare I do that as well.

I also have had some bargains from  e bay.. I tried a show jacket on at a show and loved it, but could not afford it at that time, went on Ebay and someone was selling it new with labels still on for less than a quarter of the price 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/09/2020 3:16 pm
SassyMare liked
P.B. Equestrian
(@p-b-equestrian)
Estimable Member

Agree with above, I always try to hunt second hand first, and the amount of things that are for sale with labels is crazy! Otherwise I will be incredibly meticulous about what I buy new, looking at reviews, the longevity of the product etc. Sometimes it's worth forking out the extra to get something that lasts and is beneficial to you as a rider or to your horse. Somethings are just worth the investment

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2020 12:03 am
SassyMare and JoMac liked
SassyMare
(@sassymare)
Reputable Member

@p-b-equestrian Completely agree with this!! The trick is know when you need to spend the extra cash for a higher quality product, and when you don't. 

I'm just here for the free book! (...and I won one!)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/09/2020 6:19 pm
JoMac
(@jomac)
Estimable Member

A friend of mine always says "I can't afford to buy cheap" and I know it makes sense - spending a bit more on a good quality product that will last longer is more economical in the long run. Sadly though I can't always afford to buy expensive, so it's about finding the balance and knowing when to compromise and when not to! I also think that sometimes you're paying more for a brand name and a cheaper item of a lesser known brand can be just as good quality. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/09/2020 11:28 am
SassyMare liked
Share: