Notifications
Clear all

DIY Cell Phone Pocket for Saddle Pad  

RSS
dtskaar
(@dtskaar)
Estimable Member

I am wanting to add a cell phone pocket to this pad (attached) for schooling. The phone interfaces with technology I use to track my horses' vitals during training.  The black marks show the size of the phone. It should be a mesh-like material and breathable with some sort of secure closure. I also want to add some sort of button or something right in the middle of the pocket to keep the phone from being tight against the pad. Any thoughts?

Life is short, enjoy the ride! <3

Posted : 11/06/2020 5:53 pm
Phantom Glasses
(@phantom-glasses)
Trusted Member

This is a great idea! I've heard of many gait analysing apps and I think your idea will make them more effective than simply keeping the phone in our pocket (it could break if we end up falling on it, too). Reminds me of the shoelace halter I'm inventing up.

It would probably be a good idea to equally weigh the other side unless you're not a micromanager.

Also, what did you mean by the button making sure that the phone doesn't press into the pad?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2020 8:49 am
JoMac
(@jomac)
Estimable Member

It depends whether you have a sewing machine or would be hand sewing, and how much sewing experience you have, but I personally would use a stretch fabric or wide band of elastic and make the pocket just big enough to hold the phone. Doing this with a stretchy fabric should hold the phone still and prevent it from from bouncing around inside the pocket - is there a specific reason that you'd like it to be a mesh fabric? I'm almost certain that you can buy stretch mesh fabric though. I'd probably put in a zip to close it but you could also use something like poppers or buttons. I'm not sure what you mean about the button in the middle?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2020 8:14 pm
CrystalTipps
(@crystaltipps)

As your saddle cloth is white have you thought of the mesh bags that you get to isolate items in the washing machine? They come in all different sizes and zip up so would be secure 🤗

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2020 12:45 pm
SassyMare and JoMac liked
Share: